Tuesday, January 30, 2018

D and December 2017: Week 3 - Day 7(Belated)

day 7- free space
realms, planes, interstellar, ports, spelljammer, hall of worlds, the tavern between (Honest 
John’s)

The following is a transcript of a brief description of the ‘Planet Wight’ by the 
Arch-Thaumaturge Dov Zulgraque and his subsequent assembling of the Voyagers -

“ The being was massive, and even that is an understatement.
This creature literally consumed worlds through osmosis as it trekked across whichever 
celestial body it drifted into. Pulling up earth and spirit as it made its way across the 
surface.

Only through luck, do I believe I was able to learn of it in time, possess the power to act as 
I did, and amass the rewards I was able to offer the Heroes as compensation for aiding 
me in it’s destruction.

I started at Honest John’s, the tavern between the doors in the Hall of Worlds, as I knew 
this would at least set a bar for any I might interact with to have a certain amount of 
power or wit to have gotten there in the first place. I was also able to consult several 
seers & oracles to scour the planes & realities for the optimal candidates.
Once selected, I invited &/or teleported the team to John’s, and provided them with info 
& offerings. Whatever Gods or Fates there are or were, smiled upon me, as they 
accepted the task.

We were to commit the most fantastic act, a voyage into the ‘Planet Wight’ and destroy 
it from the inside. One of them, Baldric the bard, even suggested we call ourselves 
The Voyagers in honor of the quest, and so it was to be.

We were successful in opening a rift inside it, and went to work.

For laborious detail, I recommend Baldric’s Books, Songs, Poetry or Plays, as they 
document it well, mostly.

We; Baldric the bard, Fastidious the warlock, Grock the barbarian, Tod the paladin, 
Robin of Locksley, and Faeodwyn the druid, managed to complete the following tasks:

- Befoul the Ever Hungry Belly of the Beast

- Break the Heart that was Hard as Stone

- Shatter the Mind that had Known Lifetimes

Truly harrowing, indeed. But, as the insatiable behemoth crumbled into dust to be 
spread across the cosmos, we had each survived. I paid them gladly what I had 
offered, and more. Returned those who wished to be sent to their homes, and brought 
those who wished to stay on this grateful planet to our capitol.

And so here we are, decades later, in pithy war once more over territorial squabbles, as 
if our greatest doom had not presented itself in the lifetime of those who sit in power.
And let me also add . . . . “

The following can be read in the index of ‘Zulrague’s Treatise on the State of the State’ 
which was the inspiration for that paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment