Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Traveler

How 'bout some of my work?
I am an artist of words.. lessee?


The Traveler

A vacant heart that doesnt twitch
Revealed behind a dark gray mist
A time 'afore history was writ
I give to you an elven myth

(chorus)
He danced around a great stone ring
He did dance and he did sing
Into the frigid cold of night
Beneath the moons silvery light

Through a weirding forest I did walk
And only the owl my path did mock
Then into a clearing I saw through my hair lock
An odd man with a great hat who skipped among many a rock

(chorus)

he stopped a moment and then sighed
to my unspoken question he replied
this is where I jig for this is where I died.
I was smote here by mine own spirit and most trusted guide

(chorus)

so here I dance but also wait
for this very single date
when I shall find one to mate
my hat to themselves and my spirit take.

So please take to your heart my desperate matter
Its not just stylish, oh, but rather
Will give you powers that can bind and tatter
So place this upon your crown and be ever known as a hatter

(chorus)

I then accepted this mantle from his head
And even though he was very dead
it was alive. black and white and tall and red
And the hat has lived up to everything he said

Also, as you can see
Since the day he gave this thing to me
His spirit has lived and does agree
That the true hatter for now is me

(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment