Wednesday, March 3, 2010

3rd 4 t3h Nrrd: March '10

I need a second opinion from the good doctor . . . .

Doctor Awkward!

This cat is fairly new to the scene but he comes with it. He's currently developing his sophomore album and I can't wait for it.

You can get everything you need to know about him, including his first album, at these locations.

I really dig this guy. His rhymes are clean, his flow is smooth, his content is substantial & entertaining, and his production team is solid in there samples and mixes, displaying Doc Awk's skillz very well. I also really like his voice, he can harmonize and sing, not just rap fast and not sound flat. I'm a sucker for all over musicianship and to hear some "singing" in songs can really boost a song for me.

Here's a vid from Nerdapalooza, somewhat self explanatory. The guy who posted the vid laid an audio track on top of it because the mic couldn't pick up Kabuto that well, if you don't know who KTP is or want to hear a clean version of the song, start over here . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment