Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cochlear Erotica

Music from across the sea. Not all of my music interests tend to the nerdy hip hop, I am also a HUGE Celtic/folk/acoustic Renaissance fair revival stuff, type music enthusiast.

Let me introduce you to one of my obsessions, Big Band British Folk (say that 5 times fast) super group . . .

Bellowhead
Back in like, '07?, I did sound design for "Picasso at the Lapin Agile" and tried to cook up "cafe music that wasn't lame" as I recall my Directors instructions being. In my research (Limewire, man, I was lame Pirate for a while) I came across a song called "Rigs of the Time" . . .

And could NOT get enough of this sound, so I sought them out, and by a stroke of luck, I found their first full album, "Burlesque" on Amazon . . ".uk" and their album was something like thirteen pounds, so, I let Amazon do the conversions and gave them my credit card number. Two weeks later, I got my first Non-Japanese import, and it Is awesome.
Another album was titled "Hedonism" and I have yet to acquire it (its on my list don't worry) but I really like their naming conventions. HaHA!
Please let me know if you snag any of their other albums, so I can steal a listen, hehe, Listen on, gents and ladies, CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment