Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Watch Out!

Quick! You got five dollars? You were gonna go get a double-double at InNOut weren't you? Dude, that'll take like, ten minutes, plus gas, you'd have to put on pants. Look, go shuffle into your food storage area, pull out some chips/munchies, throw some PB/hummus on some toast and come back. OH! and grab a soda.
I Think I'd look at you the same way if I saw you in your skivvies
You back? good.
So, I've covered a few Web-Series in the past, and even gotten some feedback about them from the creators themselves. So, as I continually try to do with Nerdcore, here I present a bit of an "update through my eyes" of a few properties for some of you, my readers, who are kind of lazy or just joining us.

Journey Quest, which has captured the heart and mind of one of my party members, seems to be fully funded for season 2. You can keep appraised of events up on there blog, and there are some REALLY cool resources that are cooked up specifically for Pathfinder, which I have a strong hunch we'll be using. According to the kickstarter they will start filming next year, OR, if they receive more donations, they will produce more.

A glistening group, GOLD, continues along. Though I have not seen any substantial postings on the site since August, the mood is that of steady activity. Donations are made through paypal, and I can't wait for season two to see how the league play is realised.

Standard Action continues with standards in action as they continue to promote and fund raise.Just past their half way goal, there is only 2 months left until the indie go go site is finished. And if you want bang for no-bucks, these guys deliver. There have been no shortage of free plugs

& samples from this crew in order to get people to donate. Just imagine what they will do if they HAVE the funds. You should have seen what they did in season one, and although it started a bit out of order for myself, the amount of passion and superb production value kept me hooked. If that isn't incentive enough, the donation gifts are very entertaining and if you're into the series I'm sure you'll find use for the prizes.

So, since I'm going to be spending all MY money on stage combat training (two workshops in 2 months) AND hoping my car/computer/family members don't die, so that I can replace up to two of the previous, PLEASE!! for me, use three of those dollars to donate to each of these series, and then donate the other two as you see fit. Or . . I guess go grab a $1 menu item at a cheaper fast food joint. mmmm, I want Jack Taco's now . . . Later guys, Keep supporting small entertainment, its not the size that counts, it's how you use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment